As of this morning’s weigh in, I’ve lost -26.4 lbs since starting my weight loss program on September 14th, 2013. It’s been a whole 40 days, today. Awesome!
Today, I’ve been inspired to share 50 weight loss tips! I know for me, personally, I love reading about what works for others and getting ideas with what I might try in order to help myself.
Half of these 50 tips come from Quick Weight Loss Center® (directly from their “Q Buzz of the Week” Facebook page posting earlier this week) and the rest will come straight from me.
25 Weight Loss Tips from Quick Weight Loss Center®
- Automate your eating by planning your meals ahead of time.
- Make your wardrobe match your goals. Donate your larger clothes.
- Don’t skip meals!
- Add red pepper flakes and cinnamon to food to boost metabolism.
- Get plenty of sleep. Sleep deprivation alters levels of hormones in the body.
- Freeze green grapes for a treat. Get popsicle molds and freeze Crystal Lite for a freebie.
- Make an office snack pack so you’re not tempted by your colleague’s candy bowl.
- Share your weight loss goals with your friends and family. Make it a positive life change.
- Reward yourself. Every 10 pounds of weight loss, give yourself a special reward other than food.
- Take a brisk walk before lunch of dinner.
- If food was your only source of pleasure, reconnect with other things you can enjoy.
- Weigh in on Saturday for motivation and structure on the weekends.
- Save time and money by buying your protein in bulk and preparing it in advance.
- Puree peaches, berries, or apples and add sugar free sweetener for a yummy spread.
- Don’t grocery shop hungry, have a list prepared and set a time limit.
- People who regularly weigh daily and keep a journal are more likely to lose weight.
- Distracted eating can get you in to trouble. Example, eating in front of the TV.
- Have a can do attitude! Dreams turn into reality very quickly when you work hard.
- Set goals and put the goals in writing and keep them in sight to motivate yourself.
- Eat breakfast. Eating a nutritional breakfast will keep your insulin steady all morning.
- When your mind gets stuck on a certain food, call a friend and redirect your brain.
- Visualize yourself thin. Visualization is a powerful tool.
- Use meditation to help cope with chronic stress, which can lead you to crave feel good carbs.
- Keep good posture will not only strengthen your core but will also burn some calories.
- Eat a rainbow of colors. That’s where you’ll find a power house of antioxidants.
Such fantastic tips and all are very helpful.
Now for the next 25 weight loss tips – these come from me, what I’ve personally learned so far on my weight loss journey, and what I’ve read in articles and heard from other sources.
I do have to disclose that I’m NOT a medical professional but I do hope these help you. I’m simple sharing what has helped me.
25 Quick Weight Loss Tips from xtine danielle
- While losing weight, live a straight edge lifestyle! Alcohol is filled with tons and tons of empty calories. During this weight loss journey, focus on your health as a whole and say no to booze and smoking.
- Have fun being active! Find something you really enjoy doing. Don’t be afraid to try something new. A couple of ideas of work outs to try include: playing softball, taking a kickboxing class, dancing, or trying a Crossfit gym in your area.
- When socializing with your friends, instead of meeting for dinner or drinks and happy hour, opt to do something active like taking a walk or going bowling.
- Do whatever it takes to keep a positive mind frame and good attitude. I love to keep positive imagery and quotes handy at all times (check out my weight loss inspiration board on Pinterest).
- Here’s a favorite of mine:
- Don’t hang out with unsupportive people.
- Take your weight loss journey seriously. This is your life you’re trying to change here! There shouldn’t be anything that’s more important than that.
- Make a commitment to yourself. Pen this on piece of paper, sign it, and keep it handy. (Here’s mine.)
- Set intentions and goals. Make a list of all the things you are looking forward to when you reach your goal weight. What are some other health goals you have?
- A lower BMI? Better blood pressure? Getting off medications?
- Visually track your progress, whether it’s on a paper calendar or on a graphed weight loss tool like Calorie Count offers. This serves as really great encouragement to keep you going when you actually SEE the progress you are making.
- Learn to love shower time. This is when you will notice the changes in your body most. In most bathrooms, there’s usually no avoiding the mirror in the buff before bathing. Learn to take your time, put some music on, and appreciate all the positive changes you see in the mirror!
- Listen to music that invigorates you and gets your heartbeat going. Don’t be afraid to have fun, “dance like nobody’s watching,” and burn a few extra calories at the same time!
- Take your vitamins! I always recommend taking vitamins but you especially want to do this while losing weight. My daily vitamin cocktail includes a multi-vitamin with breakfast and plenty of fish oil (Omega 3 Fatty Acids).
- When working to lose weight, it’s VITAL that you increase your water intake. You should be drinking at least 80 ounces of water a day.
- If you’re a bottled water drinker, 80 oz equates about 5 bottles of water a day. If you buy a 32-pack, you are good for a whole week.
- Sugar-free gum is your friend, keep it handy. Whenever you might need to taste something or give your jaw a little calorie free chomping action, try a stick of gum but do try and make sure to limit it to 2 pieces a day.
- Take time with your meals. Enjoy the process of cooking a fresh and healthy meal for yourself.
- Take time to savor your food and actually TASTE it. Try your best to never eat in a rush. If you are like me, I had to learn to slow down my eating. Chew your food well and take smaller bites. What is the rush?
- Drink plenty of water when eating. It’s always a good idea to take a bit, chew, swallow, and follow with water. Water helps us to fill up more quickly.
- Don’t be afraid or embarrassed to talk about your weight loss journey and mission with others. It’s very admirable and inspiring when people choose to take their health into their own hands and make positive life changes. Share your story!
- If you find that you need more support, look online! There are plenty of great message boards and online communities full of women and men who are also working hard to lose weight. This is a great resource for information sharing and other weight loss trips.
- When working to lose weight, plan your days around your food schedule. It’s very important to make time to eat properly and that includes food prep and work out time.
- When traveling and staying at hotels, ENJOY their fitness centers. Majority of hotels these days make it a point to provide state of the equipment in their gyms for their guests. It’s a shame that these are almost always empty and never utilized. Just because you’re on vacation doesn’t mean you should stop your fitness routine.
- Here’s a photo of me enjoying my work out time while in Austin last week at the AT&T Conference Center and Hotel on the University of Texas campus. They spoiled us with fresh apples, plenty of nice clean towels, and some incredible cardio machines and flat screen tv’s!
- It’s amazing how what you see effects what you eat. Invest in smaller sized plates. Your meal will seem larger and you will feel more satisfied.
- Keep the junk out of the house. I know this is hard, especially when you live with other people but do yourself to avoid having excess junk food and unhealthy items in the house.
- Make it a point to clean out your fridge weekly. This not only helps to get rid of unhealthy or expired items but it makes plenty of room for your week’s stock pile of fresh fruit and veggies.
- Keep your eye on the prize… and that prize is a better you!!! Don’t lose faith that you will never reach your goal weight because YOU WILL. These things take time, dedication, persistence, and hard work. It will ALL pay off in the end because you’ll be living a happier, healthier life. STICK WITH IT. Life style changes are meant to be permanent, really embrace your new, healthy way of life.
So that’s everything I’ve got for you this time on Weight Loss Wednesday.
I would LOVE to hear about your weight loss journey.
How’s it coming along? What week are you in? What positive changes have you noticed? What are some of your weight loss tips?
Please feel free to share in the comments section!
See you next week!